Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for LLANNOR

LLANNOR, a parish, with a Village, in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; in the Lleyn peninsula, 3 miles NW of Pwllheli r. station, and 4 ESE of Nevin. Post town, Pwllheli. Acres, 5,553. Real property, £5,197. Pop. in 1851,1,117; in 1861,1,023. Houses, 233. Bodgroes belonged to the Glynnes, and passed to the Griffiths. There are some inscribed stones of the 6th century. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Denio or Pwllheli, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £195. * Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is ancient. There are two Calvinistic Methodist chapels, a national school, and charities £14.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish, with a Village"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Llannor CP/AP       Pwllheli PLU/RegD       Caernarvonshire AncC
Place: Llannor

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.