Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for LOLWORTH

LOLWORTH, a parish in the district of St. Ives and county of Cambridge; on the Via Devana, 3 miles SSW of Long Stanton r. station, and 6 NW of Cambridge. Post town, St. Ives. Acres, 1,076. Real property, £1,524. Pop., 133. Houses, 33. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Valne, £182. Patron, Sir J. Hawley, Bart. The church stands on a height, and is old and mean.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Lolworth AP/CP       Cambridgeshire AncC
Place: Lolworth

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.