Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for MALTBY

MALTBY, a hamlet in Raithby-cum-Maltby parish, Lincoln; 2 miles SSW of Louth-It comprises about 1,100 acres; and it anciently had a preceptory of Knights Templars.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a hamlet"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Raithby Cum Maltby CP/AP       Lincolnshire AncC

Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.