Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for LANGLEY

LANGLEY, a hamlet in Hitchin parish, Herts; 2 miles SW of Stevenage. Acres, 1,668. Real property, £1,691. Pop., 155. A national school is here, and is used as a chapel.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a hamlet"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Hitchin AP/CP       Hertfordshire AncC

Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.