Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for HARDWICK

HARDWICK, a township in Ellesmere parish, Salop; 2 miles W of Ellesmere. Pop., 141. Hardwick House is the seat of Sir John R. Kynaston, Bart.; and the hamlet is a meet for the Wynnstay hounds.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a township"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Ellesmere AP/CP/Tn       Shropshire AncC

Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.