Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for Egham

Egham, par. and vil. with ry. sta., W. Surrey, on right bank of river Thames, 1½ mile W. of Staines (with which it is connected by a bridge) and 21 W. of London, 7786 ac. (124 water), pop. 8692; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank; Denham (17th century), the poet, lived in the vicarage; the par. contains Egham Park, seat, and the hamlet of Egham Wick.


(John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "parish and village with railway station"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Egham AP/CP       Surrey AncC
Place: Egham

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.