Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for Penley

Penley, eccl. dist. and vil., Ellesmere par., Flintshire, in detached part of co.- dist., pop. 330; vil., 4 miles NE. of Ellesmere; P.O.; in vicinity is Penley Hall, seat.


(John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "ecclesiastical district and village"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Penley Ch/CP       Flintshire AncC
Place: Penley

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.