Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for Lanherne Nunnery

Lanherne Nunnery, Mawgan in Pyder par., Cornwall; at vil. of Mawgan, 3 miles NW. of St Columb Major, was the ancient manor house of the Arundels, assigned (1794)as a convent for refugee nuns of Antwerp.


(John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887))

Linked entities:
Administrative units: Mawgan in Pyder AP/CP       Cornwall AncC

Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.