Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for Oxon and Shelton

Oxon and Shelton, eccl. dist., Shrewsbury St Chad par., Shropshire, on NW. side of Shrewsbury, pop. 425.


(John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "ecclesiastical district"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Shrewsbury St Chad CP/AP       Shropshire AncC
Place: Oxon

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.