Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for WINCH (West)

WINCH (West), a parish, with a village, in Freebridge-Lynn district, Norfolk; 3 miles S of Lynn r. station. Post town, Lynn. Acres, 1,170. Real property, £3,081. Pop., 470. Houses, 106. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £400.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was thoroughly repaired in 1849. There are two Methodist chapels and a national school.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish, with a village"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: West Winch AP/CP       Freebridge Lynn PLU/RegD       Norfolk AncC
Place names: WEST WINCH     |     WINCH     |     WINCH WEST
Place: West Winch

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.