Administrative unit

Lazerton EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
LAZERTON
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (until 1431)
Date created:
 
Date abolished:
1431
Unit ID:
10458080
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 113.

Notes:

'Lazerton Farm' is marked on modern 1:25,000 maps as part of the hamlet called Ash half a mile north of Stourpaine village.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

This unit was associated with the following other units:

Nature of association Other unit involved Type of unit Authority
was preceded by LAZERTON AP Parish-level Unit F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 113.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
DORSET Ancient County   1431 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 113.
PIMPERNE Rural Deanery   1431 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 113.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1431 was abolished to enlarge STOURPAINE EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 113.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Lazerton EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10458080

Date accessed: 21st May 2019