Administrative unit

Melplaish EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
MELPLAISH
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (after 1847)
Date created:
1847
Date abolished:
1971
Unit ID:
10454979
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 114.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

We know of no associations with other units.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
DORSET Ancient County 1847   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 114.
BEAMINSTER Rural Deanery 1872 1971 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 114.
BRIDPORT Rural Deanery 1847 1872 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 114.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1847 was created from part of NETHERBURY EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 115.
1847 was created from part of POWERSTOCK WITH WEST MILTON EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 117.
1971 was abolished to create MELPLAISH WITH MAPPERTON EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 114.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Melplaish EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10454979

Date accessed: 27th May 2019