Administrative unit

Hilperton EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
HILPERTON
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (until 1854)
Date created:
 
Date abolished:
1854
Unit ID:
10405233
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 540.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

This unit was associated with the following other units:

Nature of association Other unit involved Type of unit Authority
was preceded by HILPERTON CP/AP Parish-level Unit F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 540.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
WILTSHIRE Ancient County   1854 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 540.
POTTERNE Rural Deanery   1854 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 540.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1854 was abolished to create HILPERTON WITH WHADDON EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 540.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Hilperton EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10405233

Date accessed: 17th November 2019