Administrative unit

East Stonehouse EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
EAST STONEHOUSE
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (1746 - 1954)
Date created:
1746
Date abolished:
1954
Unit ID:
10145612
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 98.

Alternative names

The following alternative names exist:

Name Status Language Start End Authority
EAST STONEHOUSE Preferred English     F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 98.
EAST STONEHOUSE ST GEORGE Alternate English     1911 Census of England and Wales, Table 5, 'Ecclesiastical parishes or districts - Families or separate occupiers, and population, 1911'.

Unit associations

This unit was associated with the following other units:

Nature of association Other unit involved Type of unit Authority
was preceded by EAST STONEHOUSE CP/Ch Parish-level Unit F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 98.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
DEVON Ancient County 1746 1954 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 98.
PLYMPTON Rural Deanery 1746 1875 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 98.
THREE TOWNS Rural Deanery 1875 1954 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 98.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1847 was reduced to create PLYMOUTH ST PETER EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 98.
1876 was reduced to create EAST STONEHOUSE ST MATTHEW EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 98.
1883 was reduced to create EAST STONEHOUSE ST PAUL EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 98.
1954 was abolished to create EAST STONEHOUSE ST GEORGE WITH ST PAUL EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 98.
1954 was abolished to enlarge PLYMOUTH ST PETER EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 98.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, East Stonehouse EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10145612

Date accessed: 17th September 2019