Administrative unit

Great Western Docks EExP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
GREAT WESTERN DOCKS
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Extra-Parochial Area (until 1954)
Date created:
 
Date abolished:
1954
Unit ID:
10143950
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 93.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

This unit was associated with the following other units:

Nature of association Other unit involved Type of unit Authority
was preceded by DEVONPORT ExP Parish-level Unit F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 83.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
DEVON Ancient County   1954 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 93.
PLYMOUTH Rural Deanery 1954   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 93.
PLYMPTON Rural Deanery   1875 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 93.
THREE TOWNS Rural Deanery 1875 1954 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 93.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1954 was abolished to create EAST STONEHOUSE ST GEORGE WITH ST PAUL EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 93.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Great Western Docks EExP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10143950

Date accessed: 21st September 2019