Administrative unit

Marple Low EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
MARPLE LOW
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (after 1870)
Date created:
1870
Date abolished:
 
Unit ID:
10114690
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 26.

Notes:

The National Archives' A2A system notes 'Part of Marple township became the new parish of Low Marple St. Martin in 1870' (http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a2a/records.aspx?cat=017-p99, accessed 8/9/2011). The church of St. Martin, Marple, is today located adjacent to Marple railway station (http://www.achurchnearyou.com/marple-st-martin, accessed 8/9/2011).

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

We know of no associations with other units.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
CHESHIRE Ancient County 1870   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 26.

Boundary changes

We know of no boundary changes affecting this unit.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Marple Low EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10114690

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019