Administrative unit

Plymouth St James EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
PLYMOUTH ST JAMES
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (1847 - 1954)
Date created:
1847
Date abolished:
1954
Unit ID:
10077618
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 93.

Alternative names

The following alternative names exist:

Name Status Language Start End Authority
PLYMOUTH ST JAMES Preferred English     F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 93.
PLYMOUTH ST JAMES THE LESS Alternate English     1911 Census of England and Wales, Table 5, 'Ecclesiastical parishes or districts - Families or separate occupiers, and population, 1911'.

Unit associations

We know of no associations with other units.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
DEVON Ancient County 1847 1954 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 93.
PLYMPTON Rural Deanery 1847 1875 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 93.
THREE TOWNS Rural Deanery 1875 1954 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 93.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1847 was created from part of PLYMOUTH ST ANDREW EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 93.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Plymouth St James EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10077618

Date accessed: 21st September 2019