In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston under Trent like this:
WESTON-UPON-TRENT, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Stafford; on the river Trent, the Grand Trunk canal, and the Trent Valley railway, 4½ miles NE by E of Stafford. It has a post-office under Stafford, and a r. station with telegraph. Acres, 825. Real property, £3,922. Pop., 502. Houses, 110. The manor belongs to Earl Ferrers. There are extensive salt-works, supplied from brine-springs in Ingestre parish; and the manufacture of scythe stones is carried on. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £106.* Patron, the Rev.Inge. The church was rebuilt in 1829.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Weston under Trent has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stafford. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Weston under Trent and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston under Trent, in Stafford and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Weston under Trent".