In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sibbertoft like this:
SIBBERTOFT, a parish, with a village, in the district of Market-Harborough and county of Northampton; 2¼ miles SE of Theddingworth r. station, and 4¾ SW of Market-Harborough. Post town, Theddingworth, under Rugby. Acres, 2,048. Real property, £3,994. Pop., 394. Houses, 108. The manor belongs to Sir J. Langham, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £400.* Patron, the Bishop of P. The church is ancient. There are a Methodist chapel and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Sibbertoft has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Daventry. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Sibbertoft and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sibbertoft, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Sibbertoft".