In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hardwick like this:
HARDWICK, a parish in Wellingborough district, Northampton; on the river Nen, 3 miles WNW of Wellingborough r. station. Post-town, Great Harrowden, under Wellingborough. Acres, 1,260. Real property, £1,526. Pop., 83. Houses, 20. The property is all in one estate. A house here, occupied by A. Sharman, was an abode of Knights Templars. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £268. Patrons, the Heirs of the late Rev. E. Hughes. The church is ancient and tolerable, with a tower; and contains several ancient monuments.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Hardwick has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wellingborough. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Hardwick and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hardwick, in Wellingborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th February 2017
You have reached this page because "Hardwycke" was one of the names of this administrative unit which we associate with Hardwick.
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "hardwycke".