In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Appletreewick like this:
APPLETREEWICK, a village and a township in Burnsall parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The village stands on the river Wharfe, near Bardon fell, 8½ miles NE by E of Skipton; and has a fair on 25th Oct. Lord-Mayor Craven was a native. The township includes also Skireholme hamlet, and part of Greenhowhill village. Acres, 7,740. Real property, £3,313. Pop., 354. Houses, 70.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Appletreewick has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Craven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Appletreewick and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Appletreewick, in Craven and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
You have reached this page because, for example, "Aberystwyth" was one of the names of this administrative unit which we associate with Appletreewick.
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "ABERYSTWYTH".