In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Knockholt like this:
KNOCKHOLT, or NOCKHOLT, a village and a parish in Bromley district, Kent. The village stands on high ground, 4 miles SW by W of Shoreham r. station, and 5 NW of Sevenoaks; is a straggling but pleasant place; and. has a post office under Sevenoaks. The parish comprises 1, 683 acres. Real property, £2, 377. ...
Pop., 617. Houses, 133. The property is much subdivided. Knockholt House is the seat of G. S. Stainman, Esq.; and Burlings, the Grange, and Scotts Lodge, are other chief residences. A clump of very old trees, called the Knockholt beeches, is on a lofty hill, and is visible at long distances around. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £140. * Patron, the Archbishop of Canterbury. The church is an ancient structure of brick and flint, and has a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school, with £50 a year, and other charities £50.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Knockholt, in Sevenoaks and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Knockholt ".