In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Norton Subcourse like this:
NORTON-SUBCOURSE, a village and a parish in Loddon district, Norfolk. The village stands 2 miles S of the river Yare, 2½ S S W of Reedham Junction r. station, and 3 E of Loddon; and is a widely scattered place. The parish comprises 1,882 acres; and its post town is Loddon, under Norwich. Real property, £3, 210. Pop.in 1851, 428; in 1861, 376. Houses, 92. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to Sir H. Bacon, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £100.* Patron, Sir H. Bacon, Bart. The church is ancient but good; has a round tower; and occupies a commanding site. There are a national school and apoors' allotment, the latter yielding about £20 a year.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Norton Subcourse has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Norfolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Norton Subcourse and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Norton Subcourse in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Norton Subcourse".