In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hildenborough like this:
HILDENBOROUGH, or HILDERBOROUGH, a hamlet in Tunbridge parish, and a chapelry partly also in Leigh parish, Kent; on the Tunbridge direct railway, 2 miles NW of Tunbridge. They have a post office under Tunbridge, and a r. station. Pop. of the chapelry, in 1861, 1, 049. Houses, 208. Pop. of the Tunbridge portion, 840. Houses, 166. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £170.* Patron, the Vicar of Tunbridge. The church was built in 1844; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with tower and spire. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Hildenborough has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Tonbridge and Malling. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Hildenborough and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hildenborough, in Tonbridge and Malling and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hildenborough".