In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Byford like this:
BYFORD, a parish in Weobly district, Herefordshire; on the river Wey, and the Hereford and Brecon railway, near Moorhampton station, 7½ miles WNW of Hereford. Post Town, Bishopstone, under Hereford. Acres, 903. Real property, £1,787. Pop., 201. Houses, 42. The property is not much divided; and belongs chiefly to Sir H. Cotterell, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £195.* Patron, Sir H. G. Cotterell, Bart. The church is old, but very good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Byford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Herefordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Byford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Byford in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Byford".