In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tideford like this:
TIDEFORD, a chapelry in St. Germans parish, Cornwall; 1 mile NNE of St. Germans r. station. It was constituted in 1852; and it has a post-office under St. Germans, Cornwall, and a fair on 18 Jan. Pop., 913. Houses, 198. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £102.* Patron, the Incumbent of St. Germans. The church is good.
Additional information about this locality is available for St Germans
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Tideford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Caradon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Tideford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tideford, in Caradon and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 16th April 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Tideford".