In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hoarwithy like this:
HOARWITHY, a village and a chapelry in Hentland parish, Hereford. The village stands 3¾ miles W by S of Fawley r. station, and 5 N W of Ross; and has a postoffice under Ross. The chapelry does not seem to have definite limits; and is annexed to the p. curacy of Hentland, in the diocese of Hereford. It has a church and a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Hoarwithy has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Herefordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Hoarwithy and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hoarwithy in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hoarwithy".