In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wythall like this:
WYTHALL, or Withall, a chapelry in Kings-Norton and Alvechurch parishes, Worcester, and in Solihull parish, Warwick; 3½ miles SSE of Kings-Norton r. station. It was constituted in 1853; and its Post town is Birmingham. Pop., 1,093. Houses, 250. The manor belongs to J. Taylor, Esq. Weatheroak Hall is the seat of R. Mynors, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value £140.* Patron, the Vicar of Kings-Norton. The church was rebuilt in 1863. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, and free schools.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wythall has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bromsgrove. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wythall and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wythall, in Bromsgrove and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th November 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wythall".