In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Chapeltown like this:
Chapelton, a hamlet in the Glenlivet section of Inveraven parish, Banffshire, 13½ miles SSE of Ballindalloch, under which it has a post office. St Mary's Roman Catholic church here was built in 1829, and contains 360 sittings, whilst a school attached to it, with accommodation for 195 children, had (1880) an average attendance of £50, and a grant of £41,13s.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Chapeltown has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Moray. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Chapeltown and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chapeltown, in Moray and Banffshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Chapeltown".