In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Headless Cross like this:
HEADLESS-CROSS, a village in Ipsley parish, Warwick, and Feckenham parish, Worcester, and a chapelry partly also in Tardebigg parish, Worcester. The village stands on the boundary between Warwick and Worcester, 2 miles W of Ipsley, and 5¼ SE of Bromsgrove r. station; and has a post office under Bromsgrove. The chapelry was constituted in 1850. Pop., 1, 743. Houses, 387. Pop. of the Ipsley portion, 783. Houses, 169. Pop. of the Feckenham portion, 508. Houses, 114. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £102. * Patron, rotationally the Rector of Ipsley, the Vicar of Tardebigg, and the Vicar of Feckenham.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Headless Cross has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Redditch. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Headless Cross and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Headless Cross, in Redditch and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Headless Cross".