In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thurlton like this:
THURLTON, a parish, with a village, in Loddon district, Norfolk; 2½ miles W of St. Olaves Junction r. station, and 3¾ E by S of Loddon. Post town, Loddon, under Norwich. Acres, 1,170. Real property, £2,737. Pop., 420. Houses, 94. The property is much sub-divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £211.* Patrons, Norwich Charity Trustees. The church is plain; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and church lands £12.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Thurlton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Norfolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Thurlton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thurlton in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Thurlton".