In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Withycombe like this:
WITHYCOMBE, a parish, with a village, in Williton district, Somerset; 5 miles W of Williton r. station. Post town, Dunster, under Tannton. Acres, 1,787. Real property, £2,070. Pop., 349. Houses, 63. The manor belongs to H. F. Luttrell, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £240.* Patron, T. Hutton, Esq. The church is later English. There is a Bible Christian chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Withycombe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Withycombe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Withycombe in West Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Withycombe".