In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ashcott like this:
ASHCOTT, a parish in Bridgewater district, Somerset; near the Glastonbury railway, 5 miles WSW of Glastonbury. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Bath; and includes the hamlet of Pedwell. Acres, 2,272. Real property, £4,328. Pop., 817. Houses, 183 The manor belonged to Glastonbury Abbey. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Shapwick, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. The church was restored in 1860. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £70.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ashcott, in Sedgemoor and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ashcott ".