In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ashton Keynes like this:
ASHTON-KEYNES, a parish in Cricklade district, Wilts; on an affluent of the Thames, 2½ miles NNE-of Minety r. station, and 4 W of Cricklade. It includes the chapelry of Leigh; and has a post office under Crick lade. Acres, 3,820. Real property, £8,086. Pop., 1,070. Houses, 242. The property is much subdivided. Ashton-Keynes House is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and. Bristol. Value, £325.* Patron, J. Swinford, Esq. The church is good; and there are two dissenting chapels, and chari ties £119.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ashton Keynes has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ashton Keynes and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ashton Keynes in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ashton Keynes".