In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ashby By Partney like this:
ASHBY-BY-PARTNEY, or Ashby-East, a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln; on the river Steeping, 2 miles E of Spilsby, and 3½ W of Burgh r. station. Post Town, Spilsby. Acres, 1,210. Real property, £1,640. Pop., 148. Houses, 33. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £157.* Patron, the Rev. L. Fowler. The church is plain. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ashby By Partney has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ashby By Partney and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ashby by Partney, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th February 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ashby By Partney".