In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eastington like this:
EASTINGTON, a tything in Nothleach parish, Gloucester; on the river Leach, 1½ mile SE of Northleach. Real property, £4, 544. Pop., 442. Houses, 74. The Northleach workhouse is here; and traces of an ancient camp occur at Norbury.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Eastington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Cotswold. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Eastington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eastington, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Eastington".