Place:


Milton  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Milton like this:

MILTON, a hamlet-chapelry in Adderbury parish, Oxford; on an affluent of the river Cherwell, 2½ miles NNW of Deddington, and 3 WNW of Aynho r. station. Post town, Adderbury, under Oxford. Acres, 1,160. Real property, £1,735. Pop., 172. Houses, 43. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Adderbury, in the diocese of Oxford. The church was built in 1856.

Milton through time

Milton is now part of Cherwell district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cherwell has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Milton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Milton, in Cherwell and Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9968

Date accessed: 19th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Milton ".