Place:


Church Lench  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Church Lench like this:

CHURCH-LENCH, a village and a parish in Evesham district, Worcester. The village stands on the verge of the county, 3½ miles NNE of Fladbury r. station, and 5½ NNW of Evesham. The parish includes also the hamlets of Atch-Lench and Sheriffs-Lench; and its post town is Harrington, under Evesham. Acres, 2, 523. Real property, £3, 405. Pop., 422. Houses, 95. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £400.* Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church is very good.

Church Lench through time

Church Lench is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Church Lench itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Church Lench, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9937

Date accessed: 11th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Church Lench ".