Place:


Kencot  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kencot like this:

KENCOTT, a parish, with a village, in Witney district, Oxford; 5 miles NE by N of Lechlade, and 7 NNW of Faringdon r. station. Post town, Lechlade, under Swindon. Acres, 770. Real property, £1, 644. Pop., 214. Houses, 50. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to John Large, Esq. The living* is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £300. Patron, H. Hammersley, Esq. The church is ancient, and was repaired in 1859.

Kencot through time

Kencot is now part of West Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kencot itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kencot in West Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9882

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kencot ".