Place:


Eldersfield  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eldersfield like this:

ELDERSFIELD, a parish in Upton-on-Severn district, Worcester; adjacent to Gloucestershire, near the Malvern hills, 6 miles W by S of Tewkesbury r. station, and 7½ SSW of Upton-on-Severn. It has a post office under Tewkesbury. Acres, 3, 307. Real property, £6, 162. Pop., 782. Houses, 174. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £290. Patron, the Rev. R. Holmes. The church is early English, and was recently restored. There is a Wesleyan chapel. A school has £18 from endowment; and other charities £20.

Eldersfield through time

Eldersfield is now part of Malvern Hills district. Click here for graphs and data of how Malvern Hills has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eldersfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eldersfield, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9870

Date accessed: 20th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eldersfield ".