Place:


Doverdale  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Doverdale like this:

DOVERDALE, a parish in Droitwich district, Worcester; on an affluent of the river Severn, adjacent to the West Midland railway, 3½ miles NW of Droitwich. Post town, Droitwich. Acres, 743. Real property, £1, 182. Pop., 43. Houses, 7. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £202.* Patron, Mrs. Curtler. The church is ancient, and without a tower.

Doverdale through time

Doverdale is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Doverdale itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Doverdale, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9815

Date accessed: 07th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Doverdale ".