Place:


Defford  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Defford like this:

DEFFORD, a chapelry in St. Andrew-Pershore parish, Worcester; on the river Avon, and the Birmingham and Gloucester railway, 3 miles SW of Pershore. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Pershore. Acres, 1, 760. Real property, £2, 343. Pop., 463. Houses, 102. The living is a vicarage, united with Besford chapelry, in the dio. of Worcester. Value, £118.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Westminster The church is good; and there is a dissenting chapel.

Defford through time

Defford is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Defford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Defford, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9811

Date accessed: 24th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Defford ".