Place:


Godington  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Godington like this:

GODDINGTON, a parish in Bicester district, Oxford; adjacent to Bucks, 3 miles NNE of Launton r. station, and 5½ NE of Bicester. Post town, Stratton-Audley, under Bicester. Acres, 1, 030. Real property, £1, 487. Pop., 85. Houses, 18. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £334. Patron, Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The church was built in 1792.

Godington through time

Godington is now part of Cherwell district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cherwell has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Godington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Godington, in Cherwell and Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9698

Date accessed: 22nd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Godington ".