Place:


Epwell  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Epwell like this:

EPWELL, a township-chapelry in Swalcliffe parish, Oxford; near Broone Hill, adjacent to the boundary with Warwick, 7 miles W of Banbury r. station. Post town, Wroxton, under Banbury. Acres, 1, 270. Real property, £2, 120. Pop., 358. Houses, 83. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Swalcliffe, in the diocese of Oxford. The church is ancient; and there are charities £7.

Epwell through time

Epwell is now part of Cherwell district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cherwell has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Epwell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Epwell, in Cherwell and Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9650

Date accessed: 20th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Epwell ".