Place:


Alderminster  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Alderminster like this:

ALDERMINSTER, a parish in the district of Stratford-on-Avon and county of Worcester; on the river Stour and on the Stratford and Moreton railway, 5 miles SSE of Stratford. It has a post office under Stratford. Acres, 3,167. Real property, £3,777. Pop., 520. Houses, 105. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £170.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is cruciform, with a low tower, and partly Norman.

Alderminster through time

Alderminster is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Alderminster itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Alderminster, in Stratford on Avon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9579

Date accessed: 16th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Alderminster ".