Place:


Stretton on Dunsmore  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stretton on Dunsmore like this:

STRETTON-UPON-DUNSMORE, a parish, with S. village and Princethorpe township, in Rugby district, Warwick; on the Fosse way and Dunsmore-Heath, 2½ miles S of Brandon r. station, and 6½ SE of Coventry. It has a post-office under Rugby. Acres, 3,110. Real property, £6,433. Pop., 1,064. ...


Houses, 229. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £450.* Patrons, the Rev. H. T. Powelland F. Fanquier, Esq. The church is modern, and cost £5,233. There are an endowed school with £52 a year, and charities £357. See Prince-Thorpe.

Stretton on Dunsmore through time

Stretton on Dunsmore is now part of Rugby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rugby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stretton on Dunsmore itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stretton on Dunsmore, in Rugby and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9373

Date accessed: 12th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stretton on Dunsmore ".