Place:


Great Packington  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Packington like this:

PACKINGTON (Great), a parish in Meriden district, Warwick; on the river Blythe, 2½ miles N E of Hampton-Junction r. station, and 2½ N W of Meriden. Post-town, Meriden, under Coventry. Acres, 2, 451. Real property, £3, 441. Pop., 336. Houses, 53. The manor, with Packington Hall, belonged formerly to the Fishers, and belongs now to the Earl of Aylesford. ...


The living is a vicarage, united with the rectory of Little Packington, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £460.* Patron, the Earl of Aylesford. The church was rebuiltby Bonomi, after the model of the temple of Pæstum. Charities, £21.

Great Packington through time

Great Packington is now part of North Warwickshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Warwickshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Great Packington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Packington in North Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9253

Date accessed: 25th November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Great Packington ".