Place:


Barford St Michael  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barford St Michael like this:

BARFORD (St.Michael), a parish in Banbury district, Oxford; on the river Swere, 2½ miles W by N of Deddington, and 4 W of Aynho r. station. Post Town, Deddington, under Oxford. Acres, 1,180. Real property, £2,204. Pop., 332. Houses, 85. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £67.* Patron, John Hall, Esq. The church is early English, with fine Norman door. There are two Methodist chapels, and charities £25.

Barford St Michael through time

Barford St Michael is now part of Cherwell district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cherwell has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barford St Michael itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barford St Michael, in Cherwell and Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9244

Date accessed: 20th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barford St Michael ".