Place:


Albury  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Albury like this:

ALBURY, or Aldbury, a parish in Thame district, Oxford; near the river Thame, 3 miles NW of Tetsworth, and around Tiddington r. station. It includes Tid dington hamlet. Post Town, Tetsworth. Acres, 1,110. Real property, £1,281. Pop., 183. Houses, 40. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £276.* Patron, he Earl of Abingdon. The church is very good. Charities, £10.

Albury through time

Albury is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Albury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Albury in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9111

Date accessed: 19th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Albury ".