Place:


Weeford  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weeford like this:

WEEFORD, a parish, with a township and two hamlets, in Lichfield district, Stafford; on Watling-street, 3¾ miles SSE of Lichfield r. station. Post town, Lichfield. Acres, 4,556. Real property, £4,860. Pop., 399. Houses, 78. The manor belongs to Lord Wenlock. Offlow barrow, which gives name to Offlow hundred, is here. The living is a rectory, united with Hints, in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £420. Patron, the Bishop of L. The church is good.

Weeford through time

Weeford is now part of Lichfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lichfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Weeford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weeford, in Lichfield and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8594

Date accessed: 19th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Weeford ".